2. Security of your PERSONAL DATA
1) We use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect PERSONAL DATA stored by us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised manipulation, erasure, alteration, access, disclosure or use and against partial or complete loss.
3. What DATA we process and what we use it for
3.1 Contacting SYNPROVIS
1) When you contact SYNPROVIS, whether by letter, email, web form or telephone, SYNPROVIS will process the DATA you provide in your enquiry solely for the purpose of processing your enquiry and communicating with you. SYNPROVIS will never disclose your DATA to third parties without first consulting you and obtaining your consent.
2) The legal basis for the processing of your PERSONAL DATA in accordance with this clause 3.1 is the consent you provide us with when you contact SYNPROVIS (cf. Section 13(2) of the FADP and Article 6(1)(a) of the EU GDPR).
3) You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to us processing your DATA for the purpose of responding to your enquiry and to object to the further processing of your DATA. In this case, we will erase your DATA and stop processing your enquiry. If the DATA we collected when you contacted us is already being processed in another context, for example in connection with a contract we have already entered into with you, your withdrawal of consent and your right to object to the processing of your data will be subject to the relevant principles in the context concerned.
3.2 Entering into and performance of contracts
1) We only process your PERSONAL DATA that we collect or generate in connection with the initiation, entering into and performance of a contract with you to the extent necessary for, and for the purpose of, entering into and performing the contract. Your DATA will be kept for as long as is necessary for fulfilling the purpose of the data processing or where relevant legal obligations (e.g. accounting regulations or tax law) require it to be kept for a longer period of time.
2) We process your PERSONAL DATA in connection with the initiation, entering into and performance of a contract with you either based on your consent (Section 13(1) of the FADP and Article 6(1)(a) of the EU GDPR) or the lawful justifications set out in Section 13(2)(a) of the FADP or Article 6(1)(b) of the EU GDPR (processing necessary for the entering into or performance of a contract).
1) We process your PERSONAL DATA for marketing purposes (newsletters, provision of information about SYNPROVIS products or services, etc.) based on your consent (cf. Section 13(2) of the FADP and Article 6(1)(a) of the EU GDPR), which is obtained when we collect your PERSONAL DATA, e.g. when you place an order for our goods or services.
2) You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your DATA and to object to the further processing of your data for marketing purposes. Your DATA will then be erased unless we also need to process it for other lawful purposes (e.g. for the performance of a contract).
4. Disclosure of DATA to third parties
1) We only disclose your PERSONAL DATA to third parties with your express consent, or if we are legally required to do so or if it is necessary to do so in order to assert our rights, particularly for the purpose of asserting claims resulting from our contractual relationship with you. If the recipient of the DATA or the party processing your order is located abroad and there is no adequate legal data protection in the country concerned, SYNPROVIS complies with the special requirements applicable in such cases (Section 6 of the FADP and Articles 44-50 of the EU GDPR).
5. Synprovis website
The information, advice, comments and publications provided on our website are for general information purposes only. The user bears sole responsibility for the use of this information. We cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted over the Internet; in particular, DATA transmitted by e-mail may be accessible to third parties. In addition, we accept no liability for unauthorised access to DATA if customers disclose the personal access data they have been given or make it available to third parties.
5.2 Storage of access data
5.2.1 Log files
1) Every time you visit the SYNPROVIS website, DATA and information about your computer system are automatically collected. This is necessary in order to make the website available to you.
2) The following DATA is collected in this context:
- Information about your browser type and version
- Your operating system
- Your Internet Service Provider
- Your IP address
- The date and time of access
- The referrer URL (the page you visited that led you to our website).
3) This DATA is also saved in log files in SYNPROVIS’S system. We do not otherwise store your IP address or any other data that would enable you to be identified, that data is deleted after your internet session has finished. The DATA stored in the log files does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about visitors to the SYNPROVIS website, so this data is therefore not (or no longer) classed as PERSONAL DATA and is not stored together with any other PERSONAL DATA of visitors to our website.
4) The collection and temporary storage of the aforementioned DATA of visitors to the SYNPROVIS website is based on our legitimate interests in connection with the operation of our website pursuant to Article 13(2) of the FADP and Article 6(1)(f) of the EU GDPR.
5) The temporary collection and storage of the aforementioned DATA during your session on our website is necessary for technical reasons. The data stored in the log files is not PERSONAL DATA. Consequently, there is no option for you to object to such storage.
2) Cookies store certain settings from your browser and usage information such as the time and date of your visit to our website, the IP address of your device and the operating system you use. Cookies also provide information on which pages of our website you visit and the website which led you to the SYNPROVIS website. They also help us understand which subjects visitors to our website find particularly interesting.
5.2.3 Google Analytics
2) You can prevent the data generated by the cookie and related to your usage of this website from being collected and disclosed to GOOGLE and from being processed by GOOGLE by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
6. Rectification and erasure of DATA; withdrawal of consent to data processing
1) You have the right at any time to rectify and update the PERSONAL DATA you transfer to us. Similarly, you have the right to request that your PERSONAL DATA be erased, provided we are not required to keep it for legal reasons. If you would like to rectify or update your PERSONAL DATA or have it erased, you may e-mail us at KONTAKT@SYNPROVIS.CH, stating “Rectify personal data” or “Erase personal data” in the subject line and providing us with a precise description of your request.
3) You also have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your DATA. This must be done in writing or by e-mail to KONTAKT@SYNPROVIS.CH.
7. Right of access
You have the right at any time to ask whether we store PERSONAL DATA about you, and if so, what personal data we hold. To exercise your right of access, please e-mail KONTAKT@SYNPROVIS.CH.
9. Contacting us
Data Protection Officer
CH-6205 Eich, Switzerland